“Grit My Teeth” Photographer’s Rant!
Well, … come to think about it, … I don’t think that I have really ranted about anything much lately. I have been a good boy!
And, … today is April Fools Day and I did not even plan some kind of joke on any family or friends.
I had better go see my doctor for a checkup!
So, what can I gripe or rant about, and maybe not all to do with photography?
There are some things that do make me grit my teeth.
In no certain order:
1. Okay, it has now got to the point where if I am in a room full of people, and someone brings up that zillion year old question “What Is Art”?, … I will haul ass out of that room as fast as possible.
2. I have never seen a portrait of a naked and pregnant woman that is memorable. They all look the same to me!
3. The “PC” commercial that is running now, … you know, … the “I’m not cool enough to be a Mac person”, … is probably one of the most idiotic commercials to come out in a long time!
(I love the “HOT” new Hardee’s commercial though!)
4. Why on earth would a photographer like me spend big bucks to enter a major photography contest with photography categories such as Advertising, Fine Art, Editorial, Sports, Photojournalism, Portraits, Still Life, People, Architecture, Nature, etc., … when almost all of the judges are photographers or editors who deal mainly in the areas of Advertising, Editorial, Photojournalism, or they run a museum or art gallery?
You will never see a nature photographer win the absolute top prize!
5. Why would a macro photographer enter a nature photography contest when all of the judges shoot either landscapes or wildlife?
6. Why does so much of this so called “Fine Art” which shows death, misery, poverty, etc., … consistently overshadows anything with beauty?
7. When in a room full of “keep your pinky finger pointed upwards while you sip your drink and do your art speak” type of people, … why do I get the sudden urge to lean over and lick my own butt in order to get rid of that bad taste that developed in my mouth?
8. Why does a professor require that the students to buy some expensive software that the professor themselves nor the school even owns a copy of?
9. After listening to some more hilarious news this morning, … why can’t I have a job where I don’t have to pay any taxes, … or penalties?
10. When our 25th wedding anniversary comes up this July, and my wife is looking for a “happy clappy”, … will she get P’sd if I tell her our President took it?
Damn, … I finally get a couple of days off from shooting, … and I think I am going mad! : )
I see a mid-day Corona coming on!!
Michael Brown – Photographer
“Macro Art In Nature” – Website
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.